If you publish a public Op and you find that the README section on the Ops registry page is blank, you can add the README by changing the
sourceCodeURL: "" line in the ops.yml file for your Op.
Valid sourceCodeUrls include:
- Public Github URLs (e.g., https://github.com/nicoalimin/nbascores_op or https://github.com/nicoalimin/nbascores_op.git)
- Markdown files on Github (e.g., https://github.com/nicoalimin/nbascores_op/blob/master/README.md)
- Raw Markdown files hosted anywhere (e.g, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nicoalimin/nbascores_op/master/README.md)
Invalid sourceCodeUrls include:
- Non-Github repos (e.g., Gitlab, Bitbucket)
- Private Github repos
- Non-git URLs that aren't markdown files (e.g., https://ifelsepodcast.com/)
If a user enters an invalid sourceCodeUrl, it will display an error message like this:
We could not find a valid README file at the source code URL provided .